Elf Bowling Hawaiian Vacation is a fun bowling arcade game. At the main screen you can configure general options like music, sounds and screen; you will also have direct access to a high scores section and a help section as well. At the beginning of the game you must type your name, and you will be able to choose your kind of ball among 7 different designs, just as you will be able to choose the avatar among 10 different characters.In this new edition of this elves and bowling game, our particular protagonists have gone out on vacations. As its name indicates, “Elf Bowling Hawaiian Vacation”, this time our naughty elves have gone to Hawaiian, more specifically to a cruise. For those who don’t know the previous edition of this game, let’s tell that is a bowling game to play on the computer in which you have to hit elves when you throw the ball.
This time, the elves have escaped from the bowling house to take a trip to Hawaii. Since these friends are not exactly quite and nice fellows, they will make a mess at the cruise as soon as they arrive there. When things have gone completely out of control the captain of the cruise has to step up and try to get the elves out of the boat. Everything will be decided in a bowling game. Who do you think is going to win? You need to play to find it out.
Even when the game offers different modes to play it, the basic rules and method to play are the same for all them. Four basic steps you have to take to start playing, so let’s know them:
1. Choose the initial position for a throw by moving your mouse left and right.
2. Move the mouse forward or backward while holding down the left mouse button to define the power of a throw.
3. During a throw you can use your mouse to correct the direction of the ball.
4. Press “Menu” button in the bottom left corner of the screen to pause the game (you can also use ESC key on the keyboard).
Now, let’s see some information about bonuses:
- Green coins: are bonuses that you can use before your throw and thus increase the chances to make a strike. You can have a maximum of 5 bonuses in reserve and can activate only one at a time.
- Red coins: are anti-bonuses (Dirty tricks) that you can activate before opponent’s throw (after you made your throw). You can have a maximum of 5 anti-bonuses in reserve and activate only one at a time.
- MEGA Bonus-o-Tron: you can use it as a bonus before your throw or use it as a Dirty trick before opponent’s throw. If you are lucky the MEGA Bonus-o-Tron will give you three activated bonuses or anti-bonuses.
When you enter the game, you reach the Main Menu, with the following options:
- Bowl: this is the option to enter a submenu with several choices to play:
o Story mode: in this mode a story develops as you play. The elves have gone out to Hawaii and are making a real mess up there. The will play bowling to get stay on vacation.
o Single player: in this mode you just play bowling on your own trying to get the highest score possible.
o Multiplayer: here you have the chance to play against other player on the same computer.
o Vs computer: here you play against another player who is driven by the computer.
- Player select: you can create several profiles to share your game with family and friends. Which is cool in this game is that you can select an avatar and a ball style for your profile.
- Options: you can set the graphic resolution on three different levels (low, medium and high), set sound volume and music volume, play in full screen or windowed mode, and access credits information.
- Help: to see some information about the game rules and stuff.
- Trophy Room: from here you can see what you’ve won on the game at the moment.
- High Scores and Quit: no further explanation required.
You can try this game for 60 minutes before you buy the licensed version. If you like it, you can buy this game for only 9.95 dollars, right from the Oberon Media Game Center, on the Web. There is a mobile version available as well.
About system requirements, here’s a list for you to check out:
- Windows Vista; Windows XP; Windows 2000
- Graphics Card DirectX Compatible 16 or 32-bit Video Card with 64MB VRAM
- DirectX Version DirectX 8.1
- Processor Speed (MHz) 1,000
- HD Space (GB)
- RAM (MB) 256
- Easy to learn how to play the game using the help
- Affordable price
- You can play in multiplayer mode
- Only available in English
- It can get boring pretty soon
- Use on network is not supported